Here is a list of things we have been doing in our practice to continue our anti-racism work:
- Reserving reduced fee spots specifically for Black/Brown/Indigenous/POC clients and those with other marginalized identities experiencing financial hardship.
- Cultivating relationships with Black/Brown/POC, Indigenous, disabled, LGBTQIA+, fat* clinicians in our professional community and referring to them to meet client needs.
- Paying Black/Brown/POC, Indigenous, disabled, LGBTQIA+, fat* clinicians for supervision and consultation.
- Paying for and attending anti-racist training.
- Donating to Diversify Dietetics to promote diversity in the profession.
*We use the term fat as a neutral descriptor, similarly to short or tall